*November is the eleventh month of the Gregorian calendar. Only four months of this calendar have 30 days
*It is derived from the Latin root novem, meaning nine, when it was the ninth month of the ancient Roman calendar.
*Daylight savings time ends on the first Sunday of November.
*The Traditional birthstone is Topaz, a semi-precious stone that symbolizes friendship and the Flower of the month is the chrysanthemum, considered to symbolize honesty.
*Holidays include All Saints Day, Veterans Day and Thanksgiving Day.
*Thanksgiving is celebrated on the fourth Thursday of November, followed by the traditional first shopping day of Christmas, Black Friday.
*Besides Thanksgiving, a day to celebrate family and food, remember to celebrate:
- November 2 – Deviled Egg Day
- November 3 – Sandwich Day
- November 4 – National Candy Day
- November 5 – National Doughnut Appreciation Day
- November 25 – National Parfait Day
- November 26 – National Cake Day
*Noted November birthdays include:
- Celebrity chef Gordon Ramsay, November 8, 1966.
- Mark Twain, November 30, 1835
- Winston Churchill, November 30, 1874
- Walter Cronkite, November 4, 1916
- Bruce Lee, November 27, 1940
*November in History:
- On November 19, 1863 Abraham Lincoln gave the Gettysburg Address
- On November 18, 1963, Bell Telephone introduced the push button phone
- On November 5, 1935, Parker Brothers introduced the Monopoly Game.
- Tragically, on November 19, 1978 Jim Jones led over 900 of his followers to death by suicide at Jonestown, Guyana
- On November 22, 1963 John F. Kennedy was assassinated.
Wishing everyone a very Happy Thanksgiving